Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 33 of Paracentropyge venusta trial 5

The P. venusta larvae are doing great and eating more food than I can grow! They have pretty much stopped eating food items less than 100 microns in size and have been eating the larger adults of the Parvocalanus copepods. I'm running out of cultured foods so yesterday I started introducing small amounts of newly hatched Artemia and they snapped them up.

I moved them to a clean tank yesterday and we still have 24 larvae. :) I'm very happy with this number at this age. It's a good precent survival and hopefully they'll all make it to settlement...
They are less active now since they can easily catch the Artemia and that makes focusing much easier for the camera.
Here is a video taken this evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKPXikLzIgI&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment