Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 26 of P. venusta trial 5

I moved the larvae to a clean tank again yesterday and we now have 24 left. I was surprised and a little disappointed since I had not seen any dead bodies the past week and I was hoping we still had 31. The 24 larvae that I moved all look to be the P. venusta and I think all of the C. acanthops were lost a few days after the last transfer. I think the C. acanthops died when they went though a developmental phase. I did see 4 bodies on the bottom of the old tank after I moved all the larvae and drained most of the water. The dead were the smaller larvae but were now taller bodied than when I last saw them. Hopefully we will have more C. acanthops eggs to work with in the future.

Here is a video of the larvae today. Check out how fat this little larva is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIdsHTEBiyg&feature=youtu.be

I also took some video from the surface of the tank. It is not very clear (as usual) but I thought some of you might be interested in seeing the fish from this angle as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjFYgF1FOs

No comments:

Post a Comment